We did have a good time trick-or-treating though. The boys were very excited to go. Sam even posed for a couple of pictures, though he got angry when I put his hood on for the picture. Chris stayed home to hand out candy and scare the kids. When the kids knocked on the door he would flip off the lights, quickly open the door and reach out with his ogre gloved hands. I know this because he scared Landon something awful when we came home.
With all of Landon's fears I didn't think he would actually go up to the houses by himself, but he did. He lead the way the whole time and I had to call him back several times, to wait for Sam. There was only one house he was cautious about approaching - it had a talking skull in a crystal ball in front of it. The owners were nice enough to come out to him, though. Sam tended to like the decorations more than the candy, but when offered candy bowls he was really good at grabbing handfuls and dropping them in his bag. We forgot Landon's sword at the house so many people thought he was a ninja, but that didn't bother him, he just wanted candy.
We went to one house where the man opened the door and looked at me like I was stupid. He just shook is head when I asked if he had candy. Landon was very polite, though, as we turned away he yelled "sorry" and ran to the next house. The guy had to be a foreigner.
When we got home the boys were anxious to eat their candy. We took Sam's costume off and he sat down to eat.
Which was when I noticed his head.
He fell down several times on our candy hunt. He really didn't cry about any of his falls though, so I'm not sure when this happened. I guess we should have expected a few scrapes along the way.
All in all it was a successful night. Landon overcame some fears , and Sam mostly listened to me when I told him to stay with us on our walk. We made some good memories.
1 comment:
Love the costumes! They turned out great. What cute boys. . .
Post a Comment