Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chris has told me that I'm being a slacker when it comes to my blog. So here's a few things the boys have been saying lately, that have made me laugh.


Landon: Mommy do you love me?
Me: Of course I love you!
Landon: Daddy do you love my mommy?
Chris: I DO love your mommy. Do you love me?
Landon (smiling mischievously) No I don't like you!



Landon is learning to spell everything. He spells words like STOP, GO, SHUT, DOG, CAT....the list could go on for a very long time. the other day at dinner Chris was talking and Landon said "Daddy, S-H spells SHHHHHHHH." We just love his passive aggressive attitude sometimes.


Sam's language abilities have really exploded lately. Last week, a miracle happened. The boys got themselves out of bed an went downstairs to play, without their parents. When Chris heard them he got up and joined them. The first thing Sam said when he saw Chris was "I was you Daddy!" I tried all day to get him to tell me he loved me, "I love you Sam, do you love me?" He would just smile, look at Chris and say "I was you Daddy!"



Last night we gave the boys a bath. I washed them then let them play for a good 20 minutes. When they got out Sam looked at his hands and became very upset. "Oh no!!! Oh no!!!" He showed me his wrinkled fingers and insisted that I "fix" them. Chris and I tried to explain that they were wrinkled because he was in the bath so long. Landon showed Sam that his hands were wrinkled too, but Sam was still confused, and kept rubbing his fingers together and saying, in his two-year-old language, "wrinkled, wrinkled." (It seems that this episode in Sam's life was much more funny to watch than to read.)

3 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Thanks for sharing those stories! They were pretty funny, your kids are so cute!

Candace said...

My kids are the same way with the wrinkled bath hands. Kenzie loves taking a bath. She'll sit in there forever before she's ready to get out. Then she's a little prune from head to toe. And its funny b/c she's really particular about touching things with her wrinkled hands.

KJBBBG said...

We call those raisin fingers and then we pretend to eat the kids fingers. They love it.

I'm very much a blogger-slacker these days. Found another hobby I really need to work on. Hope it gets done and that you like it.