The other day, while waiting outside Landon's preschool room I noticed the dinosaur pictures the children made. All of the dinosaurs had heads, tails, bodies, legs....everything needed to look like a dinosaur. Then I found Landon's. It was a square of green paper with a few snips on the edges and some eyes. I talked to his teachers and they said he had tried hard but it was just too difficult for him. So, that night, we bought some art supplies, and yesterday morning we went work on some straws.





After making the small pieces fly around the room for a good half-hour, we pulled out the water colors.

The boys really enjoyed cutting straws, but I wanted to change it up a little this morning. When I suggested they cut paper the tantrums ensued. I just want them to TRY, but they're refusing. Any suggestions people?
6 comments:
We tried to get Kaden to help cut out snowflakes, but he wouldn't. That was until he saw what some paper and scissors could make. Maybe you should cut out something totally awesome, then see if they want to try to make something, too!
With girls I not only have the fear of mess but of the (knock on wood) cutting of hair! But i just pull out magazines and let them at it and they make me stuff all the time. But i'm not sure if that is a girl thing or if your boys would be interested in doing that. :) Good luck.
Obviously I don't have kids yet cause I just can't imagine kids not wanting to cut! I like Cindy's idea of snowflakes, or how about hearts for valentines day... you could cut out a bunch together and make a heart banner, or countdown to valentines day. You might have to draw lines for them to cut on... whatever you do make sure you post pictures!
No good suggestions. I'm just glad that Aaron hasn't discovered the joys of cutting things up.
Try some magazines. Ask them to cut out something they like. I don't know if it'll work, but that is my suggestion! Your boys look so big and grown up. Fun, fun!
Oh Laura, I have no advice. Sorry. But I can totally relate. When Kenzie started preschool, I remember she had a hard time. She's been in preschool for 5 months now. And I think she's doing a lot better. He'll get better as he usees them more. Just give it time. Does Landon start Kindergarten in the fall?? I can't believe that Kenzie registers for K-garten next week!! My little baby girl is going to be in school soon.
Post a Comment