Landon wanted to play soccer again this season and Sam decided he wanted to join in this time around. I think they've had a really good time and I've enjoyed watching them too. They both play games on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I don't have to do it four days a week. The only problem is watching both games at the same time on separate fields. I can usually see both games from wherever I am, but I want the boys to know I'm watching and cheering them on so I do a lot of walking between fields. There have been a couple times when Sam doesn't play until after Landon's game is over, that was nice. Their last games are this coming week and Landon's team is having a party on Tuesday. I'm glad we did soccer with both boys this fall. I think I'm finally starting to enjoy watching them run around chasing the ball. We will probably be doing this again in the spring.
Sam calls his shorts his "shaky shorts" - I laugh every time he says it.
Sam will kick the ball when it comes his way, but mostly he's just happy to be running and playing with other kids. His team has won most of their games, and though his coach has really tried to get Sam to get the ball and make a goal, being aggressive and taking the ball from other people just isn't a part of his game play. He just wants to be friends with everyone. At the end of one game he told me that his team had won but he lost because he didn't make any goals. I explained to him that it was a team effort and as long as we have fun it doesn't matter how many goals anyone makes. He replied "yeah, but we won!"
Landon has been a little more aggressive with the ball this season, but his favorite position is still protecting the goal. He has yet to make a goal of his own, but as long as he's having fun that's really all that matters.
Seth spends most of the time playing with various balls he finds or climbing on the bleachers. He has the occasional tantrum because he wants to play with the big boys on the field, but Sam will usually step in and do his best to make Seth happy.








No comments:
Post a Comment