Saturday, April 27, 2013

My sister called the other day and recommended I watch the new mormon message about Hyrum.  So tonight while procrastinating my primary lesson prep I watched it.



http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?cid=HP000041&lang=eng#my-brother-hyrum


"Sometimes he likes to have adventures in his mind."   

That is just like my son.  He's noticeably different from the other kids his age,  especially when I'm watching him play soccer and he's yelling at the other boys to "feel my wrath" because someone may have kicked the ball and hit him in the stomach.   Maybe it's my crazy hormones but I've watched this clip several times now, and I can't stop crying through it.  I love my boy.  I wouldn't change him.

"Heavenly Father made all of us special.  Jesus said that we should be kind to all of our brothers and sisters. I want to be like Jesus.  Don't you?"


3 comments:

Our Family said...

That was such a sweet video! Thanks for sharing.

thepalmierifamily said...

I don't think it's just crazy pregnant hormones. I think regular hormones make me cry through it too. It causes very raw emotion for me when I see my baby this way too. I think one struggle for me is that when your child isn't very obviously "autistic" but on the spectrum, it's harder for others to see and understand. And I always hope for love and understanding, and admit my disappointment when it doesn't happen. This special child was sent to you because you can love him better than anyone else. And your love will be his saving grace, and his strength, and his ability to love himself and the world around him. You are strong and wonderful Laura!

thepalmierifamily said...

Oh Laura, it's not just pregnant hormones. I cried through it too. It touches a very sensitive and raw part of my emotions. This child is special and he's yours. You can love him better than anyone else in the world. You'll be his strength, and the reason why he can succeed in life. You are a wonderful mother to a wonderful boy!