I AM SORRY, FOR ALL THE STUPID THINGS I DID, OR DIDN'T DO THAT I SHOULD HAVE!!!
Because, hey when I ditched most of you for that boy, (who I thought was worth it, but wasn't) you could have told me to "get lost" when I tried to re-phase myself back into the group, but you didn't. Why did that boy like me anyway? Who likes a stupid person? I was probably one of the worst girlfriends in the world, and yet he wanted to date me. I know of a couple other boys who wanted to date me...and whoa...I'm still confused as to why.
When it comes to making and keeping friends I am really stupid about it. So to all of you who have forgiven all of my stupid moments in High School here's a big THANKS from me.
I won't even go into my college years! I became much more than stupid in college. I would go so far as to say I became the ulitimate moron. I was soooo oblivious to everything around me, wallowing in my own stupidity. So to all of my college friends who are still speaking to me:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Please don't think I'm crazy or that I hate myself. I've just been thinking of stupid moments in my life. Not " what were you thinking when you did your hair that way?" stupid but "what were you thinking when you blew off your family to hang out with that boy every night?" or "Why didn't you study harder for that chemistry final so that when the grade came back higher than the "F" you acctually got, you wouldn't have spiraled into complete depression. Then you wouldn't have said those mean things to your roomates." kind of stupid moments.
I really do like myself, and I love my life! I really wouldn't change a thing because it's made me who I am, and because of many of those stupid moments I found the kind of person I want to be, but I was just reminicing in the bath tub, this morning and decided to have this stream of conciousness, shout out to all of you reading this.
I really do like myself, and I love my life! I really wouldn't change a thing because it's made me who I am, and because of many of those stupid moments I found the kind of person I want to be, but I was just reminicing in the bath tub, this morning and decided to have this stream of conciousness, shout out to all of you reading this.
4 comments:
I think one universal truth about all people is that when they reflect about younger years they can see how stupid they were. I don't remember you doing stupid things when I knew you in college (so maybe you're just being too hard on yourself!) but I'll forgive you, if you forgive me! :)
Since you and your family were so loved and valued in Bologna, I suspect that all is well in your ability to make and be friends with people.
But if you feel like you were stupid back then, then living a friendly, welcoming life has certainly overruled your (supposed) previous ways.
So it's all good lol.
Just so you all know...this wasn't a commentary on my low self-esteem. I really DO like myself. It's just that i was thinking of stupid things I've done in the past, that I regret, and I wanted to do some sort of stream of consciousness thing. It kinda relieved my conscience.
So Laura I found your blog through Heidi and Kasey's and love reading it. I think we all could admit to being stupid one time or another. I would have to say how I loved laughing with you and your roommies at USU. You guys were great! Here's my blog address theholdensblog.blogspot.com Take Care!
Post a Comment