Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family - Part 2

This post covers our time with Shawn , Kellie, Brendan, Jeremy and Andie.


Shawn and Kellie had a some time off work, so they were able to spend it in the states with family, and we were lucky enough to see them for their final four days here.

They flew in Thursday the 16th and spent the night with the Peacocks, then met up with us the next morning. We spent the morning at the park playing and eating Pizza, it started raining so we came home and most of the adults went off to the Best Buy for some family fun. I stayed home with the kids (I really don't like Best Buy) and we watched a movie. That night, after putting children to bed, the men watched the movie "Taken" while Kellie, Rebecca, Britt Peacock and I played games in the kitchen. We talked and laughed until 2:00 in the morning. I don't think I've laughed like that in a long time. It felt so good. Saturday, Shawn went to play Soccer while the rest of us tried to sleep in, (as much as kids will let you sleep in anyway) Chris took Terri and Tasha to the airport, and when Shawn got home they went to their favorite fast food place, Taco Bell.
In the evening we caravaned up to the Great Falls National Park, (it was free national park day so there were a lot of people, but free is usually worth it.) to hang out with some friends the Dances and the Peacocks. Sam spent most of his time hiding in a tree crevasse with his friend Lilly, while Landon ran around pretending to play Frisbee with his cousins. Andie and Makayla made some great faces at the camera and we all enjoyed the wildlife and scenery.



Chris and Wes took Shawn's family to the airport Sunday morning, while Rebecca and I went to church. It was so nice to spend some time with Shawn, Kellie, Brendan, Jeremy and Andie again. Those kids give the BEST hugs! We've really missed having them live around the corner from us. Hopefully, someday we'll get to do it again.

No comments: