Monday, May 16, 2011

The Girlfriend

About two weeks ago we ran into our ward primary chorister at the mall. While we talked Landon and Sam ran around with her two oldest girls. They had a really good time. Then, last Saturday, my boys watched a certain Disney movie where the princess says "When I marry, I want it to be for love." Landon picked up on the quote and told me that HE wanted to marry for love at the young age of 32. The following day, just as classes were ending he ran into Lauren,(the chorister's oldest daughter) and told her that her dress was really beautiful, then proceeded to throw out that particular quote from the Disney movie. Lauren got really excited and and told him SHE would marry him. He seemed agreeable to the decision, but I decided that this particular conversation was a one time thing and the kids would forget about it by the next morning. So when Landon drew a picture of a brown haired, brown eyed girl in a pink dress and wrote "I will marry her" all over the page this last Sunday. I just had to laugh. Apparently Lauren's mom noticed him studying her daughter very closely as he drew the picture. He then drew a picture of "his son Panzer" (yes, he's decided to name their first son after the German WW2 tanks). After church, Lauren found us, and in front of her mother, told Landon "I will keep my promise!" to which Landon replied "I won't let you down!" Lauren's mom and I think it's hysterical, but Sam has reminded me several times that "It's NOT FUNNY!!!" and if asked Landon will tell you, in his strongest voice, "Lauren is my girlfriend, and we are getting married.....when I'm 32!" He even told my parents that he "really loves her!"

I wish I had a picture of this little girl to show you. It really is reassuring that despite Landon's social deficiencies, he can still find a girl to like him enough to want to marry him.



In other news: My pregnancy is progressing well and I am hoping to bring this little guy into the world very soon. If the frequency of my contractions are any indication of what lies ahead, I should be done by the end of the week, if not sooner. I saw my doctor today, and after 36 weeks of him worrying that I would go into pre-term labor I find it funny that now that I'm 37 weeks he wants me to have the baby NOW! He even said that if my blood pressure rises any higher (I think it was around 120/84 today) I should go into see him and he will break my water for me in hopes of pushing me into labor. What a difference one week makes in the life of an OBGYN!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How did he come up with 32? He's so funny.

Really? A baby by the end of the week? YAY! I can't wait to see pics and hope to meet him soon! Good luck. Hope everything goes well. Tell Chris to give us a call when it happens!