Seth: Mommy, do you see this burn? I have an owie! Do you see it?
Me: (whispering because I'm trying to rock Violet to sleep) You burned your hand?
Seth: Do you see it?
Me: Ummm....sure. Except I don't think that's an owie, Seth. I think that's ketchup.
Seth: NO!!! It's an owie. I have lots of owies mommy.
Seth likes to argue with me. Just the other day we had a conversation about mushrooms
Seth: I hate mushrooms, mommy.
Me: I know you hate them, but I love mushrooms.
Seth: NO! You don't like mushrooms!
Me: Actually, I do like mushrooms. I even eat them raw.
Seth: No, mommy! You hate mushrooms. You won't eat them. You don't like them!
Me: Ummm....okay. I'm not going to fight with you about this.
That's usually how these kinds of conversations end.
Despite arguing with me over just about anything and everything I still think I'm his favorite parent right now. Oh he loves it when dad comes home and he can wrestle and use dad as a jungle gym, but no one can help him like mom. Last night he wouldn't let dad help him with his coat. I was busy with Violet and he flat out refused to let Chris help him put his coat on. "NO!!! Only Mommy!" So I handed Violet off so Chris could put her in her car seat and I helped Seth with his coat.
He's been a little funny with me lately. He likes to follow me around the house and the other day, as I was cooking dinner I looked over to find him in the pantry, grinning at me.
"Shh....I hiding from you, mommy."
In other news:
Sam got tired of his hair in his face so he decided to cut it himself right before we left for church. I trimmed some of the stray hairs but I didn't have time for more than that. Class pictures are coming at the end of the month and I'm hoping his hair grows out enough so he doesn't look so funny. I may have to break down and take him to a professional.
Landon got a retainer to fix his teeth problems. It's working, I think, but they are going to tighten it at the beginning of March and hopefully that will push the problem tooth into the right position. (In front of the bottom teeth rather behind them) I'm also hoping the crack down the middle of the appliance is fixable, and that we don't have to order a new one. Mostly I'm just grateful that he hasn't lost it at school.
I got Violet's six month pictures taken. I haven't picked them up yet so you have to wait to see them.
We've also been spending a lot of time looking for a house to buy. It's been an emotionally draining process, but last night we saw one that might just be perfect for us. Then again we put a bid on one last week that we thought was also perfect for us, but it was bought out from under us, sigh. I've decided I hate house hunting, and I'm being a grump about the whole situation. That's life I guess.
1 comment:
I'm SO impressed that you're working on your family's Christmas stockings! I behind a couple kids around here too, but December is NEVER the perfect month to work on them, so they keep getting pushed back to the next year... And good luck with the house hunting! It is SUCH a long, emotional, draining process, but SO nice once everything all seems to work out in the end... I hope that end is soon! Good luck! :)
Post a Comment