Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sledding

Just as I was finishing my last post I got an invitation to go sledding at the Peacocks house. I I rounded up all the snow gear I could find, bundled up the boys to the best of my ability and off we went. Driving really wasn't that bad. I didn't slide even once, and the big roads are already plowed and snow free.
Sam did not like wearing Landon's old snow pants, and they both did not want to wear the mittens, but once we got outside they saw the light and did not complain anymore.
This was the first time I've ever taken Landon sledding, so I was a little worried that he would be too scared, but he loved it. He mostly used an old swimming inter tube to go down the hill, but when the bigger kids got tired, cold, or left to go to the bigger hill he was still going strong.






Sam liked it too. He spent most of the time sitting on the front steps or running around in the street. When he did get a turn on the tube he would lay back and not make a sound until he stopped. Then he would smile and we even got a couple of laughs out of him.




Britt fed us a great lunch and the boys didn't cry the whole time. I'd call that a successful day.

4 comments:

thepalmierifamily said...

That was brave of you to take them alone. I have to agree, no crying is definitely a successful day.

KJBBBG said...

Totally fun!! I'm glad you took the boys sledding. Get them ready for the next time you live in Logan, UT.
Course I'm jealous too, that we couldn't share in your fun.

Good job Landon enjoying the snow!
Good job Sam!
You're a great mom, Laura. I know how easy it is to just stay home when there is so much work involved in taking them out. Good Job!

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun! You're such a cute mom- I love that you braved taking them by yourself- you're a rockstar.

Unknown said...

I am glad you all had a great time. We sure did. Getting together for the sledding/snow ordeal with kids, definitely makes it more fun. It also helps with the January blaaaaas. See you soon!