Chris laughed at me when he found out. "I thought you said it was a pool party?" he said as he looked at the card. "This just says bring your swimsuit and a towel....oh I know, it's because you come from richville." Chris likes to tease me about the bubble I grew up in sometimes. I had to admit that he was right though, because when I was a kid and a birthday card said something about swimsuits and towels, it meant that either that particular friend had a pool in their back yard or we were going to the neighborhood pool. So when I told the boy's father that "Landon doesn't swim but will probably just stand on the stairs anyway" he gave me this funny look and told me they would just be running through sprinklers. I was VERY embarrassed (if a little relieved) and hurriedly left.
So Landon ran through sprinklers, ate cake and ice cream and even a little fondant (though that was spit out almost immediately) and over all had a great time with the other three boys. I guess he ruined the gift surprise though. It seems that when he handed the wrapped present(wrapped in tin foil because I have no wrapping paper) to the boy he quietly whispered that it was a ball. I think Landon was just excited that he had picked the present out all by himself. I was once again embarrassed though because the ball in question was a pool volleyball. Maybe I should have just gone with a water gun. Sigh
2 comments:
OH I love this A LOT!!! Don't worry I would have thought if it said bring your swimming suit that the kids would be in a pool as well. They are all wrong and WE are right, just remember that. And Chris WHEN you say otherwise then just remember "shock collar" ;)
This is Chris- hahahahahaahahahah! Sooo funny! And Nicole, you can't shock collar me! I own the copyright on that method of world domination! (thanks for all your help on the design though)
Post a Comment