Life has been a little hectic for us these past two weeks. We left on Memorial day for Boise. We drove both of our cars so that we could leave the little car with a friend and avoid towing it behind the big moving van. The next day (Tuesday) we spent most of the day looking for a place to rent then drove the six hours back to Moscow. On Wednesday the packing began for real. I did what I could but I get tired easily and I really can't lift anything, so Chris did most of the work while trying to keep up with his studying. Sunday night we scrubbed down the apartment and Monday morning we turned in our keys and said goodbye to Moscow. We arrived in Nampa around 4:30 and signed our contract and began to unload the truck. My mom and dad were waiting for us when we arrived and were a big help in unloading the truck and cleaning what needed to be cleaned. Plus it was just nice to sit and talk with them while I tried to recover from all of the packing, cleaning, and driving. The next day dad spent five hours mowing our overgrown lawn and then in the evening they drove away. Since then I've been taking my time unpacking our multitude of boxes. The boys really like our new home. It has a big back yard for them to play in and we set aside the largest of the non-master bedrooms as a play room. It's been fun to watch their faces as I've pulled out all of their old toys that they haven't seen for the past few years. They have especially loved the train table. Now I just have to figure out how to set it all up so it can stay clean and they can get to everything. I've been so buisy with moving that I haven't taken even one photo. So to tied you over until I do start taking pictures again here is me in my hugeness.

It's not very flattering, but it's all I have. This was me at 27 weeks while trying to chase Seth and watch Sam's soccer game at the same time.
On Landon's last day of 2nd grade his class went to the Universities Student Rec Center to climb the rock wall. I was so proud of him. He told me he was a little nervous to latch himself onto a rope and climb up the wall. I talked to him about how he was trying to climb without the rope and that it would be easier and safer if he just tried it with the rope. So he did.
He didn't get very high on the wall. I don't think he climbed higher than his own height. I was just happy he tried. I had to leave early to pick up Chris but I was told later that he tried a few more times. He didn't climb any higher than when I was there, but it made me happy to know that he got on the rope and did his best even when I wasn't watching.
1 comment:
Nothing as constant as change. Right? I can't believe you're at move #16! What courage, and stamina. Good luck with settling in.
Post a Comment