Other than unpacking, finding new doctors and working all the time, we've also been trying to stay out of the heat and still play with family and friends, so we bought a blow-up pool for the kids to cool off in.
Seth LOVES being in the pool splashing and spraying everyone with the cold hose water, but I think he was tired the day I took these pictures. Shawn and Kellie and their kids came to spend a couple days with us and on this particular day we had gone to the movie Epic where Seth spent most the the time in the lobby with me, crying for popcorn. I didn't have my money with me and he would scream whenever I tried to go back in the theater to get my money so in the end he didn't get any popcorn.
Our new ward has some nice people in it as well. Our Bishop lives across the street and invited us out on his boat last weekend. Chris took the boys and they loved swimming in the warm lake water and riding in the huge tube behind the boat. Chris got a new calling yesterday. We thought for sure they were putting us in the Primary because they called both of us in to meet with one of the Bishop's counselors. Instead they asked Chris to teach Gospel Doctrine. Chris thinks they asked me to come with him so I could feel important because, with the baby coming, they probably won't be giving me a calling. I'm okay with that, and Chris is super excited to be doing something he's never done before. THEN last night he got a phone call asking us to speak this coming Sunday. They said they wanted us to speak before the stress of the baby comes. Great....not only will I have my panic crying going on, but the hormone crying too. At least we're getting it over with and they probably won't ever ask me to talk again.
That's about it. I will try to start taking pictures again, but with my lack of stamina I'm usually just happy to get the laundry done and dinner on the table every day. So blogging and picture taking are not exactly on my priority list of things to get done. However when our little one arrives I promise to post pictures of her.
1 comment:
Good to hear you are doing good Laura! I hope you love the Treasure Valley as much as I do! Also, every ward I've been in they always call both spouses in when either of us get a calling - I think its so you can vouch that you will support them in their new calling! Plus it makes it interesting as you're never quite sure who's going to get the calling!
Post a Comment