The last few weeks have been exhausting. I spent a week counting the minutes between contractions and wishing they would come more frequently but each time I had made the decision to go to the hospital they would stop. It was frustrating and by Saturday August 17 I was so worn out and my brain was coming up with every possible worst case scenario. I was worried that I wouldn't have the energy to actually push her out. I was even tempted to schedule a c-section just to get it all over with, but Chris reminded me of the terrible recovery. I'm always grateful for his calm demeanor and steady influence. He has often helped to restore my sanity. I went to church on Sunday. I felt that I needed every blessing the Lord could give me, so that I could regain some strength. The ward members complied by asking me to say the opening prayers in Sacrament meeting and in Sunday School. We were all trying hard to think positive thoughts, but I only had a couple of contractions during the day. I called my parents to once again bemoan my uncomfortable situation. Dad joked with me. He said I should just have the baby at home and if I didn't want to ruin my bed I could go out on the back lawn. Mom told me to just go to the hospital if I had any hard contractions, she was very convincing. SO when I had two hard contractions at 11:00 PM I decided that I was done and I just needed to go to the hospital. I hoped that I was dilated to at least a 5 so when they told me I was at a 7 Chris and I were ecstatic. The nurse wheeled me into labor and delivery and almost immediately the nurse anesthetist showed up. We decided to use a spinal pain killer to numb me up quickly and an epidural pain killer to make the pain stay away for the whole delivery. Once they had the medicine running through my body my contraction stopped so they pumped a small amount of pitocin through my IV. (in case you didn't know - because I had a c-section with Landon I can't have a lot of pitocin because the heavy contracting resulting from the pitocin might cause my uterus to rupture) In less than two hours the doctor came in and my little girl made her debut. It was my most calm delivery ever. I didn't yell or get angry at anyone and best of all I didn't feel any pain. The nurse had to tell me when I was having a contraction so I would know when to push. It was wonderful.
Violet Leora Boyd was born September 19 2013 at 3:06 AM. She weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long.
The boys are all in love with their little sister. Even Seth will sit quietly and hold her.

4 comments:
Oh, she's SO precious! I'm glad she finally made it & that all went well! What a sweetheart! She'll have all those boys wrapped around her finger in NO time! :)
Congrats! She is so cute! Glad you are doing well.
Oh she's beautiful! She's even smiling. Boys are fun, but there's nothing like your baby girl when they put her into your arms. She's going to be one tough chick in a few years.
Congrats Chris & Laura! She's sooo beautiful and LOVE her name:) We are so happy for all of you!
Post a Comment