Landon and Samuel started school on August 20. I was still in the hospital so I didn't get any first day pictures which I was a little bummed about. Their new school is very big. Each class has around 25 children and there are 5 classes in each grade. Sam had a rough first day of school, and over the last month he has often come back from using the bathroom to find his class has left him behind to go to lunch or the library. I'm hoping that it gets easier for him. Landon likes his class and I've been told he has a friend that he plays with on the playground. So I think school is going well for him so far.
Seth was really lonely for the first two weeks of school. He did his best to follow me around the house and sit at my feet so he would not be alone. He's getting used to having his brothers gone now, but he still gets a little sad when we drop them off at the bus every morning.
I am living in survival mode right now. Violet wakes me up every 2 hours to eat and then stays awake for 45 to 60 minutes so I'm not sleeping much. It's normal, I know, but I'm tired. Chris helps me as much he can but I also know that if he goes to work too tired he could make mistakes and I don't want that on my shoulders.
Chris still loves his job and we are happy to announce that he will not be fired any time soon. On Thursday Chris' boss sent Chris into a meeting and told him he had to wait to check the website where they listed the people who passed the BAR exam. Just as the meeting was supposed to start his coworkers filed in and they all clapped at him. So Yes, Chris passed the BAR!!!!! We are thrilled!
These past four weeks I've been very grateful to no longer be pregnant. I have felt so much love and support from our moms and dads, who have all been to visit and meet our new little girl. Violet is a fairly calm baby. She gets fussy when she's hungry and if she doesn't burp well, but most of the time she likes to sit and look at me and grunt a little. I think she just likes to talk to me and tell me stories. We are all happy that Violet has joined our family.
1 comment:
She's beautiful Laura! Glad you're not suffering with the side-effects of being pregnant anymore, but good luck handling the glories of Newborn-Life too... It's a good reminder to me to cherish the mostly good nights of sleep I'm getting NOW!
Post a Comment